Thursday, June 14, 2012

Of Preparations and more Preparations

And more preparations.

I have never 'prepared' so much in my life. Not even for the GRE. Not even for any interview. Sigh.

Everything from every room has to be carefully inspected, picked up and examined, and a decision has to be made whether that thing has to be packed up or left behind. I eventually stopped doing this, because it was so depressing. Now Sis the Priss is coming over and has promised to help out in this whole messy business of packing up entire lives and moving away.

Everybody seems to be in great tension. An electric current seems to be buzzing in our house. Chotpo is so charged up, you can't imagine. And nobody's letting me work around like I'm used to. I used to climb up on the do-chatti (attic?) and put samaan there. Now, it's the maasi (domestic servant).

I feel totally useless, and pretty special. Alhamdulillah.

Day before yesterday, we had a small event at our place ... :). It was like a mini-dholki, in which only the neighbors and some others were invited. I don't like dholkis. But this one was okay because it was short :p. And sweet.

And no rasms. Except some flowers bracelets and necklace (haar).

Alhamdulillah for everything. Please say Ameen to:

O Allah, please let everything go smoothly for the families next week and may they not cry buckets, and may nobody faint.
Ameen!

2 comments:

Noor said...

ameen summa ameen!!!!!!! Inshallah everything will go great and marvellous!

Uni said...

@Noor
I sincerely hope and pray that it does. Ameeen. Jazakillah :)