Thursday, June 28, 2012

Life as I knew it

Assalamualaikum

I sit on a different bed, typing on the familiar keys, in a different room, in a different house, with different folks, than my family and my own house.

It's a whole new world. The only way to take it in,  is to not think about it, and get lost in the immediate present time stamp of life. I have a dressing table in front of me, a door on my East, curtains on my West, and a headboard on my back.

I never had a dressing table.

A huge makeup box sits on the dressing table, black in color. It has a combination lock.

*chortles*

And it contains a mountain of stuff. Stuff I put on nearly every day for the past 1 week and 2 days now.

I wake up - get ready - go to a lunch/dinner - come back - sleep.
Wake up - get ready again ... the cycle continues.

A child cries in the background right now. A child who calls me by my name, and eats his dinner on the bribe that Uni is going to clap when he finishes his dinner. And he eats up. Quickly.

Life as I knew it... is no longer there.

So long!

6 comments:

Glow said...

aww u will get used to it :) and then this will be ur life :)

Uni said...

@Glow
Insha Allah!

Ayesha Jalali said...

Congrats Uni for you new life :) Stay blessed.. Sorry I couldn't attend your wedding...

I miss my old life too, but now I m so used to my new life and im so busy in it that I love it now more than my old life :D ... I had never thought about it:)

Tazeen said...

I'm reading all the new posts of yours (about the new life, that is) and it's breaking my heart. I used to want to go abroad too, and to a great extent I still do, but I now find this pang of reluctance thinking about being away from everything I'm so used to. Away from this quiet, sheltered life. It scares me.

I'll miss everyone. Even my cat.

Uni said...

@Tazeen
If you're the 'missing' type (like me), you'll even miss the AIR.

Trust me.

Tazeen said...

That makes me sigh and chuckle at the same time. :D