Friday, April 27, 2012

The Morning Walk

Assalamualaikum!

After a long gap, today I finally mustered up the motivation to go outside after Fajr prayers, and do my morning walk. A brisk morning walk.

Irony of the "brisk" walk?

The amazing smell of freshly made parathas from the neighboring house. :D


Sigh. It's been a long while (I think around two years!) since I had one of those.

My wishlist for "Things-to-ask-for-myself-in-Jannah" is growing longer.

Anyway, the walk was also very interesting because of the kittens we have in the backyard. Aww, adorable Masha Allah. They were capering about, jumping on each other, staring in awe at my giant shoes, and generally having the time of their lives. What carefree lives!!

The walk taught me quite a few things:

1. There is always a fresh morning after a dark night.
2. Today is what's important for us. Yesterday can't be changed. Tomorrow can be planned to be better, but today is what we have. Right now.
3. The air after Fajr is the most refreshing air to be breathed in throughout the day. Yes, even in a polluted city like ours.
4. One should NOT sleep at 3.08 am, and then expect to be up and about after Fajr.
5. Remembering Allah (SWT) through zikr and tasbeeh (SubhanAllah, Alhamdulillah, Allah hu Akbar) - when recited along with the chirping of the birds, brings such serenity in the heart, that huge troubles and trepidations can seem paltry. Really really paltry.

Verily, in the Remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest. Surah Ra'ad, Ayah 28.

So long folks!

No comments: