Saturday, March 24, 2012

Insomnia Inspired

As the night stretches its arms
Unendingly
I stare in the blinding darkness
Unseeingly

There is no respite
There is no escape
The truth is right there
Something, I just have to face

YouTube can prove
A temporary distraction
At the end of the day
There is no escape

The wind howls through the night
The sound scary and sad
I think back to my life
The life I just had

Not a care in the world
Not a worry on my shoulders
Now suddenly thrown in disarray
Among unknowns rocks and boulders

I wish things had been different
Maybe I could have been grateful
But wishing now is of no real use
The journey starts, all ready, all fateful.

Copyright Uni Insomniacoony 2012

2 comments:

Zeba said...

Insomnia inspired are the best.

Uni said...

@zeba
Yeah, I guess :)