1. Who likes shopping?
:) [rhetorical question eh]. Okay I like shopping. But for others. And this time, it ain't gonna be for others. Can't even avoid it.
2. Who likes to miss the Book Expo because of the delayed thesis defense?
I hate missing it, and am getting all these glarey-looks from folks who wanted me to drive them to the place and drown in books, but hey, not my fault my viva got delayed.
3. Who likes to celebrate new year knowing that when the year ends, you're no longer at the place you lived all your life?
Not that I'm very sad about this one. But then again, leaving a pretty sheltered life is not easy.
4. Who likes to give up the PhD dream?
Well, not that I'm very inclined towards it at the moment (sick of the thesis and all), but it's still sad to let heavily nurtured dreams go.
Much as I would like this month to end (or at least the 20th to arrive), there are things that would start right after this thesis ends.... which I am happy about!
1. Who doesn't like to travel?
:D. Love it. And the kind of mundane life I have right now, love it even more!
2. Who doesn't like to get some nice attention from folks?
Being a younger sibling and having a brilliant older sibling :p, I've never really felt that I've gotten some exclusive attention. Usually it's all about everything-on-the-planet-except-Uni-idiotoony. So this time, *rubs hands with glee*, I'm gonna enjoy this.
3. Who doesn't like making new friends?
Not that I'm super confident, but its intriguing to meet new people, live among them, see their habits, compare them to yours, smile at the differences and sigh with relief at the similarities.
4. Who doesn't like to have some free time?
Finally! I can sit back, and relax. And there is no more worry about lessons, deadlines, homeworks, assignments, job hunts, tests, exams, theses, literature reviews.... the time after 20th Dec is absolutely absolutely completely totally irrevocably...*stops herself*...
I mean, I'm free.
5. Who doesn't like to make the following amazing list? :D
I'm going to:
- Listen to all Bayyinah podcasts
- Take part in this intriguing gesture recognition challenge on kaggle!
- Do any (or all) of these: Natural Language Processing, Probabilistic Graphical Models, Technology Entrepreneurship, Machine Learning, Information Theory, Game Theory, and many more! All online free interactive courses - to be taken from the leisure of your bedroom! :D
- Sleep and set a good routine in life :p
- Start a 'healthier lifestyle routine' :s
- Try listening to any lecture or read any book regarding one particular confusion of mine: What's the correct way of 'making a difference' to the Ummah's problems today! [this one is actually the first one].
So long folks. Advice of the day: