Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Frustrated? You Bet!

Assalamualaikum

I keep vowing to myself not to put out a whiny post, and I fail consistently. Sigh. That was a whine too!

I got the thesis in book form today. It looks so cool, Masha Allah. Feels amazing to see your blood, sweat, tears (err, exaggeration?) in a black shiny bound version. I can't stop looking at it. When nobody is around of course ;).

So what happened today to get my frustration level UP by about a million notches? The thesis defense. The defense that wouldn't DIE. It has been postponed! Till the 20th ! Of December! 2011.


I'm so frustrated at this postponement that it's hard to even enjoy the next few days. Not that it's going to be much enjoyment. My AI final is just around the corner. The coming weekend actually. I so hope I don't mess up. Somebody asked me today 'So what's the benefit you're getting by doing well on this class?"

Me *huffily* : None. But I'm doing this for learning. Not everything has to be converted into cash :@.

I guess my grr demeanor knows no bounds. Thankfully, in the evening today, bhanju wanju was here, up to his tricks.. :). So I could at least smile. His vocabulary has some rich words added to it:

1. YaaaaAAAA [yaaaaaar]
2. Aaadeez [hardees.. sigh]
3. pizsha [pizza... double sigh]
4. Aanta Jorgzshia
5. Aaan-teeee [Aunty upstairs]
6. Up - down.  :D

Hilarious. One can go on and on listening to his babble.

But my thesis defense !! Shaitaan kee aanth  [devil's intestine - a phrase used when something is just never ending].

I'm now latkofied till the 20th. Love my life.
-------------------------------------------------
One worthwhile share of the day:


Aisha reported (رضي الله عنها): One night I missed the Messenger of Allah from bed, and when I looked for him my hand touched his feet while he was in prostration. They were raised and he (صلى الله عليه وسلم) was saying, “O Allah, I seek refuge in Your pleasure from Your anger and in Your forgiveness from Your punishment, and I seek refuge in You from You. I cannot fully praise You. You are as you have praised Yourself.”

[Sahih Muslim, Book 4, Number 0986]

عَنْ عَائِشَةَ، قَالَتْ فَقَدْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم لَيْلَةً مِنَ الْفِرَاشِ فَالْتَمَسْتُهُ فَوَقَعَتْ يَدِي عَلَى بَطْنِ قَدَمَيْهِ وَهُوَ فِي الْمَسْجِدِ وَهُمَا مَنْصُوبَتَانِ وَهُوَ يَقُولُ اللَّهُمَّ أَعُوذُ بِرِضَاكَ مِنْ سَخَطِكَ وَبِمُعَافَاتِكَ مِنْ عُقُوبَتِكَ وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْكَ لاَ أُحْصِي ثَنَاءً عَلَيْكَ أَنْتَ كَمَا أَثْنَيْتَ عَلَى نَفْسِكَ

2 comments:

Glow said...

concentrate on AI.. the presentation wud be easy! :)

be happy not disappointed!

Uni said...

@Glow
I hope so. But somehow, I don't think so.

Thanks for the suggestions :)