Wednesday, December 7, 2011

After-Fajr Blogging

Assalamualaikum

And I hope the title can soon turn into 'After-fajr walking' .. Insha Allah. Just. Let. The. Thesis. END!

Somehow, 12th just doesn't seem to be arriving. And the worst bit? I think it might just get delayed again! Why, you may ask? [or even if you don't]. Because of the two-day holiday we just had (9th and 10th Muharram) which effectively meant that I wasn't able to give the thesis for printing on Monday. And there is a range of possible time durations that thesis printing and binding will take.

God, I just want this to be over. So bad, that it hurts sometimes :D.

Since I can't bear to even look at the thesis anymore, I asked Chotpo to proofread it .. :). Good decision it turned out to be. She caught so many minor mistakes, grammatical idiocies, and weirdo expressions that it was embarrassing. And her final comment was, "Your thesis was interesting. But remember, when you write a paper, you have to write in the language of a research paper. Not like everyday conversation."

Sigh. My thesis is like everyday conversation. :s.

Last evening, we heard our dear President flew off to Dubai. For 'routine checkup'. You know what will be the test of a real leader of this country? When he prefers to have checkups in his own country, instead of others. Life-threatening surgeries are obviously excluded from this statement. This is will be the litmus test for any new leader of Pakistan.

Speaking of new leaders, the December 25th PTI jalsa is looming up. Mum is convinced there's going to be troublemaking in there - by the beloved people of Karachi. Sigh. Wish I could go there, you know. But I'm rather turned off by the 'musical' aspect to it.

This post has been enough of a ramble. Something worthwhile, and I'll sign off.


Narrated Anas ibn Mālik (رضي الله عنه): The Prophet of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said, “By Him in whose Hand is my soul, a servant does not believe until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself of goodness.”
[Musnad Ahmad, Number 12671, Narrations of Anas ibn Malik (مُسْنَدُ أَنَسِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ)]

عَنْ أَنَسِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ، أَنَّ نَبِيَّ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ وَالَّذِي نَفْسِي بِيَدِهِ لَا يُؤْمِنُ عَبْدٌ حَتَّى يُحِبَّ لِأَخِيهِ مَا يُحِبُّ لِنَفْسِهِ مِنْ الْخَيْرِ

:)

I should remember this, the next time a Dairy Milk fruit and nuts is in front of me, and my maasi's sitting nearby. :s. May Allah Guide us all. Ameen!

1 comment:

Asim Jofa Lawn said...

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work.