Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I do try not to whine much :P

Assalamualaikum

One of the ways people cope with hard situations is to joke about it. Since I'm no great joker, this post might just seem plain weird.

Today was one low day of my life. I had not been in to meet my supervisor for the past two weeks. One because he was busy. Second because I was staying at the hospital. The past few days I had worked like mad to try and gather stuff to show him. And I thought it's pretty good going.. I mean, hello! It ain't easy to write an Introduction (whole chapter), and 4-5 pages worth of Literature review (2nd chapter) in a few days !!

BUT...

What do you think should have happened?

He looked through the stuff, and said the following things:

1. Beta, you need to (now) give 15 hours per day
2. The difference between you and me is that i worked 12 hours in university, and you stay at home and work from there.
3. You need to get rid of any and every distract-er
4. You need to increase productivity

Etc.

Man, did my heart sink or what.

**suddenly remembers that she was supposed to be humorous about it**

Oh forget it. Right now I already feel miserable because a friend of mine happens to be a sad soul, and I wish I could help.

So long... *quite mournfully*

To get something (at least something!) out of this post, let me share something worthy of sharing:
--------------------------------------------
[Hadith]Allah's Messenger, sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam, said, "Be
honest, for verily honesty leads to righteousness, and
righteousness leads to paradise."

[Lessons from this Hadith]
Live your life in a way that if someone was to open the door on
you at any moment, you would have nothing to hide. This is true
success. Think of something that you may be ashamed people will
find out about, and take some action right now to stop doing
it.

With best wishes to see you succeed at the highest level!
- Muhammad Alshareef

--------------------------------------------------
May Allah Make me 100% honest, [and then others] :(. Ameen.

2 comments:

Tauqeer said...

May Allah (SWT) make all of us 100% honest!

Ameen :)

Ahmar said...

Ameen :)