Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Of Hospitals And Stuff :(

Assalamualaikum

I always thought I was a brave-hearted woman of the world.

Ha.

I am sitting on an attendant's bed right now, with the patient's bed right in front of me. We happen to be in a private room, and supposedly with all the amenities of life.

Isn't sukoon-e-qalb an amenity of life?

Apparently, an attached bath, a TV, fridge, toothbrush and toothpaste and water bottle count towards the amenities of life. Sigh.

I'm heck scared. And there is no respite till at least a week from now on. Both my parents are doctors. Both my phuppos are doctors. When we sit around the dining table, conversation easily fluctuates between the dirty game of politics and the (even dirtier) mention of 'cases' and their 'complications' .. not to mention how to 'resolve them' techniques.

I'm well familiar with words such as cannula, IV lines, anaesthesia, GA, local, etc etc. Doesn't mean I'm all comfortable when its being discussed over somebody who is so dear to me.

**sick with worry**

Please all - say Ameen to:

Let the patient get well sooner than ever, let there be no side-effects of any medicine, let the anaesthesia portion go well and smooth, and let the recovery process be steady and without any major hitches.

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeen.



7 comments:

Mohammad Zafar said...

Assalamu a'laikum,

A "brave-hearted woman" is also a woman :).

Ameen and “La ba’s, tuhûrun insha Allâh" (No worry, it is a purification, if Allah wills).” (Bukhaari.)

BTW..when we are in hospitals always reminds us of how much "Naa-shukre" we are :(, we start thanking Allah for all the Nemat's (like Sahi Saalim 50-100 kg body:)). May Allah forgive us.

Preferred Dua's to recite:
At Patient:
As-alullaahal azeem Rabbal arshil azeem An-yashfee yak

For ourselves:
Al Hamdu Lillahil-ladhee 'Afanee Mimmabtalaka Bihi Wa Fadalanee 'Ala Katheerin Mimman Khalaqa Tafdeelaa.

anummunaf said...

Ws Salam
n srsly i undersatnd ur feeling a s a DR. bcoz i myself is a dr.
n agreed with mohammad Zafar :)
Take care :)

Uni said...

@Mohammad Zafar
Jazakallah so much for the valuable comment. I am constantly reminded of how EXTREMELY ungrateful I am. And I sincerely hope I am more grateful in the future Insha Allah.

Ameen to both the dua'as.

@Anum
Doctors can be one of the most kindest (and the most cruelest) beings on the planet. And Alhamdulillah, I've come across some of the kindest ones abhi tak. I hope (and think) you will be one too. Ameen :)

Tazeen said...

Ameen. I hope the patient is doing much better now!

Uni said...

@Tazeen
Alhamdulillah, things are better now :)

Thanks for dropping by!

Glow said...

Ameen!! inshAllah the recovery would be easy and quick!!!

you have too many doctors in the family how do u live through that? :P

my verification word:canessar reminds me of cancer:/

Uni said...

@Glow
I sincerely hope so Ameen.

And yeah I have been born into it, so I dunno any other life actually :)

And lol.. ironic? :P

Thanks for dropping by!