Wednesday, March 23, 2011

In One Picture

If I could describe today in one picture...


If I could describe the politics of this nation in one picture...


If I could describe my upcoming exams in one picture...


If I could describe my interest in studying and preparing for exams at this point in time in one picture...


I tried studying today. Staring at one slide for fifteen minutes was the result. If I could describe how I felt while trying to study in one picture...


The suckiness of today might diminish tomorrow (if Pakistan wins). But my hopes aren't that high, to be honest. My natural pessimism takes over from time to time. Today was no exception. If I could describe my worst quality in one picture...(er, one of my worst qualities)...


If I manage to mess up my GPA in this semester, there would be nobody to blame except me, myself and my brain of course. The brain which refuses to listen to the patiently explaining conscience.

I hope and pray things get better soon Insha Allah. In the meanwhile, I can just wallow in my own well - stew in my own stupidity and indulge in useless self-pity (which Sis the Priss vainly tries to do away with) :). Kind of her, MA.

So here's a picture dedicated to you sis!..

Er, it's not uploading.. :$. Later..IA

So long.

Update: Picture uploaded...

13 comments:

Moon said...

The second-last picture (penguin-wali) also describes how I felt after seeing the last picture ..

majworld said...

haha...i liked this post and pics..:D.hopefully we will win. nd ur gpa wont go down too :)

Sis the Priss said...

*tries to type 2 comments and her hand is yanked away by a glaring Uni*

Tauqeer said...

Loved the pictorial post. Good going.

Sis the Priss said...

Ah, now I am home Uni and can type a comment freely. So there!

And yes, I am definitely flattered you made a graphic all for me. I had the feeling you wanted to throttle me last night when I acted as the UN and exercised the power of veto. LOL. Khair, all I can say is, cheer up and remember bhanju wanju clinging to you, refusing to come to me and calling you ammmmmmmmmmmmaa!!

shaguftaabbas said...

Three cheers for Sis the Priss!

(:

Bhao!
Jeet gaye hum! Chalo khush hojao :D

Uni said...

@Moon
Er so you also don't like remembering your past, and forgetting your passwords? :P

@Majworld
Alhamdulillah we won. Now I'm hoping for a semis win against India (Australia say dobara nahi jeetaingay). :S... My GPA is in shambles.

@Tauqeer
Thanks very much!

@Sis the Priss
And how in the world did you fathom that my sadness lay in the fact that you don't approve of some CLOTHES from a market? :S:S:S.

Behen, the sadness lay in one particular convo we had yesterday and shukkar you don't remember ..

@Shagufta
Yeah, I'm very happy at Pakistan winning the match :)

Thanks all for dropping by

Ahmar said...

When I like something that I know is over and is past, I find comfort in the fact that absolutely nothing in this world lasts forever,and everything is transitory and so whatever we experience, face at whatever time, was worth for what it was...
AND when I remember something and regret it (although with my imaan level, its not alot I regret as such mostly), it is majorly because I know that no human being on this planet is exemplary to the point that they don't commit mistakes and I draw comfort when I think along such lines..So obviously, I don't know what is happening with you, but maybe what I shared is a worthwhile perspective (or maybe not, hope its the former )...

Uni said...

@Ahmar
It's not that I regret the past :).. I just (at times) cannot forget it. It doesn't creep out of my brain (however much I try). It resides somewhere in the background, popping out at weird times.

And since the past is the only concrete, unchangeable entity that (for a certainty) has happened, my brain finds 'looking forward' to the future - an unseen, unknown entity - quite hard.

[er, the upcoming cricket matches are an exception - that's something I DO look forward to :$]

Thank you for dropping by and for a very worthwhile perspective.

majworld said...

dats exactly my fear too, regarding playing aus..:p..but both teams wud be tough..bs duaein hi hain..:)

Uni said...

@Majworld
It's ALL duas now.. :S:S.

India vs. Pak. Who would have thought...

majworld said...

ya seriously tension has started from now..we need prayers nd after long time i m praying esp for team too..:)

Uni said...

@Majworld
Yeah.. even in namaz. It's kinda funny to be praying for the team this hard. But the jazba is there mostly because it's an India vs Pakistan thing :)

Poori qaum kisi baat pe to united hui!