1. This was just a GAME.
2. Nothing in the world can take away our national pride, integrity and passion for success in every field. No, not even this lil game of cricket.
3. India DID play well.
4. We DID make some pretty bad decisions.
5. The wicket/pitch was 'rigged' (as admitted by Dhoni) .. to make the match go 'their way'
6. Life is not all about cricket!
7. We can choose to smash our televisions, or learn something from this experience, and never build up a hype of such epic proportions ever again.
8. This could have been a fixed match (after all, why would Manmohan Singh invite our PM so pleasingly)
9. We were a team who nobody thought would even qualify for the quarter-finals. At least we came this far.
10. Afridi apologized! (Bechara).
But the sad fact of life is, we're all severely down in the dumps. Every Pakistani I have come a/c up till now seems to have a fixed smile, forced cheerfulness, half-hearted admission about our foolery on the field .. - total depression all around.
What's sadder? Losing the semi-final, or losing it to India? That's a tough one.
And the exam tomorrow, just adds to the misery of today. I had been up since Fajr, trying to somehow, cram in the notes upon notes - willing myself to learn and study, so that at 1:00pm I could close the books and watch the toss, then the national anthems, and then the match.. each and every ball. With such hope.. such high hopes. Such dua'as. Such... *stops herself firmly* - Can't even look at my books now. I'm hoping for a re-exam (which is held for dunces).
A few things I will always wonder though:
1. How can.. SUCH a great bowler... turn to SUCH a big mess, on SUCH a crucial day?
2. When the most fiery batsman is playing, and he happens to be the captain, and his side desperately requires big runs, WHY would he delay the power play?
3. Why in the world take a particular 'batsman' (I am reluctant to call him that) in the team, who consistently has played badly, played his worst throughout the tournament, and then didn't disappoint the opponents by not only playing stupidly and getting out quickly, but also dropping a very easy catch of a top class batsman of the opposite side????
These will remain, I know ... discussed to death.. but unanswered forever.