Sunday, February 6, 2011

Many Happy Returns :D

Assalamualaikum

Since today - 6th of Feb - is the day when my sis the priss came into this world, I decided to do a special post for her er, not that big day!
:P

I am not a huge fan of birthdays (although I can never admit I don't like presents :S), but sometimes, doing special things for special people is really ... *lame finish coming up* .. special.

:D

SO! Since I didn't know what kind of gift would she like.. (*sigh*, it was so much easier in the good old, I mean pre-marital days of hers, when me and Chotpo would venture out, and buy the biggest folder ever and give it to her!) - I began to think of what's so important in her life right now!

And the obvious answer is.. BHANJU!!

(Sorry TB, not to offend you or anything).

So I wrote a silly poem for Bhanju, hoping that Sis the Priss would be nehaal to see it, as she always is, when somebody shows the slightest love for her beloved son!

[Guilty secret: I had thought I would be jealous of Bhanju, but since he loves me so much I can't find in my heart to be jealous of the naughty lil soul].

So, the poem!

---------------------------------
I could wear the drabbiest, shabbiest clothes
He doesn't care
I could have the worst-hair-day
He doesn't care
I could be the most grouchy person alive
Ready to bite off any head that comes my way
He's ready to hug, anyway
I could be the busiest person alive
He has all the patience in the world
To wait...
I can shrug him off - give quite a few glares
He always has a cheeky smile for me
Making my glare melt, with his innocent charm
However I can try, to be the worst part of myself
He has the capability
To bring out the best
Of the best... in me

Er, that's it.

Uni Nihaal_Khaaloony 2011

PS: .......*stops*... the PS was quite sappy, so I took pity on Bhanju's futuristic 12-year old form, cringing at this poem - and hence, am not writing it :D

---------------------------------------------
There. I hope you like it Sis the Priss - ever proud mommy of the lil naughty bundle who never seems to get tired of discovering new ways to wreak havoc around the house :)

So hope you have a cool, fun-filled, yellish (at lil Bhanju) day :P. And hope you know how much joy and laughter you bring to our lives!

So long!


7 comments:

Tazeen said...

*Giggles* 12-year-old version of bhanju cringing at the poem! :D

Sis the Priss said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! That is SO SWEET!!!! Many many thanks Uni dear:D:D:D!!! You've made my day!!!

Uni said...

@Tazeen
:D.. yeah. I mean, it was sappy!

Thanks for dropping by!

@Sis the Priss
:D:D.. Glad you think so :D:D
It was a pleasure writing it!

Thanks for dropping by!

UncleTom said...

MashaALLAH ,,, i guess its nice to have a bhanju ,,, i wish to have a sister

Uni said...

@UncleTom
Yeah! Sisters rock!
And their babies rock more..!

Thanks for dropping by!

Noor said...

happy birthday to your sis. :D poem was great. ;) bhanju wouldn't cring on it(hopefully):D:)

Uni said...

@Noor
Thanks from her !! And thanks so much for liking the poem .. I felt corny writing it :P...

Thanks for dropping by!