Tuesday, October 19, 2010

On the way to university...

It was a perfectly normal day. I was on my way to the university. Had thought of spending a few constructive hours on a non-stop internet connection and figure out what was it with MATLAB and Visual C++ 2008 which was SO hard, that the code wouldn't compile! Anyway, so on my way, a very weird thing happened.

A CNG station which is near our place (and we sort of regularly fill the gas there) - I went there since the CNG indicator was showing RED. I reached the station, pulled up the car and fished around for the money. This guy who does the ''filling up of CNG'' work there - he came up to my window.. and as I was rummaging about, he says with a like, smile on his face.. "Aap aaj boht dino baad aayee hain" ...[You've come here after a long time!]

!!


I looked up to stare totally incredulously at his tone, his face and the contents of what he said... and the words that sputtered instantaneously from my mouth were .. ''To CNG khaali hee abhi hui hay" - - ... [My gas tank is empty NOW]. I think I was scowling rather fiercely. His grin disappeared. And erm, I didn't see myself, but surely there was a very very strict expression (which is kinda normal) on my face.... :$.

This incident is actually very surprising, because I'm the type who doesn't ''chit-chaat'' normally with anybody unknown outside, and the normal expression on my face always says ''keep your distance, bub'' ... :D. This was weird, and predictably, I won't ever venture into that place (alone) again IA!!

-----
Also on long journeys (when I'm alone and driving), I usually get bored. Big time. Since the radio is out of question, I usually start er, humming something or reciting something. This time.. :(.. I tried the Surah Baqarah rukus, but at one place, got stuck. Had no Holy Quran to correct myself, so gave up, and tried a nasheed instead ...

And I only had to concentrate on the wordings of this nasheed, and the day somehow, became better than it was :) .. why? Because if you really read the lines, there is a huge lesson here - whatever, teensy meensy things, to big huge major stuff that happens to us, is ALL Known by Allah - so the lesson here is to never ever forget that, and feel all alone and all miserable etc... Because at the loneliest and most forsaken of all times, it's Allah (SWT) who is always there with us.

Enjoy the nasheed.



Allah Knows - by Zain Bhika

When you feel all alone in this world
And there's nobody to count your tears
Just remember, no matter where you are
Allah knows
Allah knows

When you carrying a monster load
And you wonder how far you can go
With every step on that road that you take
Allah knows
Allah knows

CHORUS
No matter what, inside or out
There's one thing of which there's no doubt
Allah knows
Allah knows
And whatever lies in the heavens and the earth
Every star in this whole universe
Allah knows
Allah knows

When you find that special someone
Feel your whole life has barely begun
You can walk on the moon, shout it to everyone
Allah knows
Allah knows

When you gaze with love in your eyes
Catch a glimpse of paradise
And you see your child take the first breath of life
Allah knows
Allah knows

CHORUS

When you lose someone close to your heart
See your whole world fall apart
And you try to go on but it seems so hard
Allah knows
Allah knows

You see we all have a path to choose
Through the valleys and hills we go
With the ups and the downs, never fret never frown
Allah knows
Allah knows

CHORUS (x2)

BRIDGE:
Every grain of sand,
In every desert land, He knows.
Every shade of palm,
Every closed hand, He knows.
Every sparkling tear,
On every eyelash, He knows.
Every thought I have,
And every word I share, He knows.
Allah knows
-----------
Lyrics taken from here.

8 comments:

Sis the Priss said...

LOL. LOL. What a smart alecky response. LOL.

Uni said...

@Sis the Priss
:D.. lol. It really just blurted out - not the least bit intentional..!

Now Mum strictly says not to go there ever alone :S

Thanks for dropping by!

majworld said...

hahaaha :D smart response from u :D

surprised to knw cng station wala said that..kisi tv show ki shooting tu nhi chal rhi thi in which wh logo se mazaq krte hain :) anyways ur response nd attitude wud hve made him remember his nani :p

nd gud u listen or read quran or nasheed..i shud be following this too..thanks for the reminder..

nd dun wry,u wouldn't hve got caught in plagiarism if u hadn't mentioned the lyrics source :)

Uni said...

@majworld
lol. Well, now that I think about it, it IS rather funny. At the time, I was merely incredulous.

Lol again.. :D The kid was very perturbed. And one interesting thing (abhi hee khayaal aya).. he happened to be a pathaan. Which is again very very surprising, because the pathans in our locality, they may be accused of many things, but they're VERY shy - in matters like these. And it really isn't normal for them to have this much courage to come up and actually say something like this.

Weeeeird.

No problem. I wish I could get certain songs out of my head [induced by Hum Sub Umeed say Hain, imagine!]

LOL yet again :D:D.. well, I have to mention the sources.

Thanks for dropping by!

Ahmar said...

Well done on the response :)

Uni said...

@Ahmar
Well, thanks. It was involuntary :D

Thanks for dropping by!

majworld said...

haha..so he was a pathan kid. :D..surprising for a kid to come up with such thing :)
hum sb ummed se hain k funny songs..dat really is a gud prog :)

Uni said...

@Majworld
Yup, it's a cool show. Very painfully funny sometimes.

And even though I'm not a music listener (per se)... the songs still stick to the head - the modified ones .. :)