Sunday, July 18, 2010

Embarrassing -- :@

Assalamualaikum

The week's been a nightmare. And I can't wait for it to be over. Monday... where ARE you?




Friday's class (much-anticipated) was not great. Not because of the teacher of course. Because of US. Moronic us! Basically, we had been asked to get the book 'as soon as possible' ... but we smart people never really care about the book when 'slides' are available to rote-learn from. I wanted the book badly but something or the other kept putting off the nearly 1 hour ride to Urdu bazaar and getting it. So it was postponed to next week. When the teacher discovered that only TWO people in class have gotten the book, she was so disappointed -- I couldn't look at her in the eye. She was like, 'don't you guys ... care?'

I wanted to sink in the ground. Then she continued ... 'I had been told that students of this particular university aren't much into reading. And they don't read papers (she said it with the expression that said 'MS level pay not read any research papers?') - I wanted to sink further in the ground.

I don't think this PG course is going to give me anything. It is not structured to give me anything. And my brain's too well conditioned by the existing amazing undergrad education I went through. Life sucks. And her disappointed expressions about our non-carish attitude sucked too! AND... the fact that I was the only student in class who had no idea of some of the things being taught. Sigh. The only pipeline I knew of was the oil pipeline :(. Who knew there was so much to a pipeline !!


On a very different note, Mum read out a beautiful Ayah today, which I'd like to share. It was in response to a very angry person relating all the mean/bad stuff that other people have done and hurt feelings etc etc. The Ayat is: (Surah Haa Meem verse number 34,35)

وَلَا تَسْتَوِي الْحَسَنَةُ وَلَا السَّيِّئَةُ ادْفَعْ بِالَّتِي هِيَ أَحْسَنُ فَإِذَا الَّذِي بَيْنَكَ وَبَيْنَهُ عَدَاوَةٌ كَأَنَّهُ وَلِيٌّ 
حَمِيمٌ

Translation: And not alike are the good and the evil. Repel (evil) with what is best, when lo! he between whom and you was enmity would be as if he were a warm friend.

Then the next verse is.. (key verse) ..

وَمَا يُلَقَّاهَا إِلَّا الَّذِينَ صَبَرُوا وَمَا يُلَقَّاهَا إِلَّا ذُو حَظٍّ عَظِيمٍ

Translation: And none are made to receive it but those who are patient, and none are made to receive it but those who have a mighty good fortune.

So you see, even if the world has turned against you and is unfair with you (chances are that'll never happen; it's always a few friends/relatives etc who have been making lives miserable), the thing to do is NOT to return to them the SAME attitude, but repel the misdeed, with a good deed. And that personality isn't granted to anybody and everybody. It's given to those who are patient.. and those who get it, are indeed LUCKY. Fortunate!

May Allah Make us Fortunate in this regard. Imagine, if everybody started acting like this. There wouldn't be any complains that occupy our time so much. Think about it.

By the way ... :D. Bhanju has learned a new word! 'Dadaaaa' - now he keeps sayin Dadaa, dadaaa dadaaaa... and well, unfortunately, he doesn't have a dada.. (grandfather). It was poignant when TB remarked 'See? My kid is saying dadaaaa, he so knows that I'm missing my Dad so much!'

Statements like these make me go...

4 comments:

Nikki. said...

hahah I guess the last Image is ur creation :P *cute*
and I KNOW how it feels when you so want to be the nicest student in the class, but theres just ONE mistake and u fall on the ground with a thud =O

Uni said...

@Nikki
Thanks :)
And yeah, the feeling was really down, because I had really wanted to do well in her class. And I was one of those who had managed to disappoint her. For teachers who really know their subject and are dedicated to their jobs, its a shame to put them down by our carelessness.

Hope we improve IA.

Thanks for dropping by :)

Ahmar said...

the fact that I was the only student in class who had no idea of some of the things being taught
How do you know that...just because of a different undergrad doesn't warrant that...
Anyway, I hope you do have the book now :)..Daadaa....now teach him khaalaaa...you will love that too ;)
As to your first question, Monday is just around the corner, will come soon :P

Uni said...

@Ahmar
No I know it because she wanted a raise of hands at that thing, and i was the only student who didn't raise her hand.

:) Im trying to teach him 'Yoooooooni - Khaalaaaa' ... but he does nothing except make funny faces and then blurt out something that sounds like ...'aaa - laaa' ..

Monday's here :D:D:D:D:D

Thanks for dropping by!