So the morning was really lazy. Wasn't in a nice mood. Set off with a scowl. And saw 'The Truckful of Women'
:):) The sight always always amuses me (not in a negative way), because there is this whole either bus, or suzuki or van sort of vehicle, with huge space at the back and this whole family of women and children sitting there. Maybe they were going for a picnic, or maybe somewhere else, I dunno. But what I could see was, that they were many! And there were many kids. And that they were all pathans.
This sight cheers me up because...
As they looked over at me (I had maneouvered the car directly behind them), this happened in a sequence (and by the way, it always does!).
1. First, one of them looked at me, and her eyes grew wide. She nudged her fellow lady and pointed at me.
2. The two ladies turned around fully and gawped at me.
3. I was feeling grumpy enough to realise that hey, this is my chance of giving sadaqah, for free ! And with a bit of fun.
4. So I grinned toothily at them, and waved.
5. What happened to my short sentences? :P
6. They gaped even more (and this has never happened before :S), they covered their faces!!!
7. Was I embarrassed or what!! I had made them do purdah from... me??????
(I know that purdah is from women too, but only of a certain kind. And I certainly don't like to associate myself with that category! *hurt look*)
8. Khair, I kept up the wave/smile/cheery look thingie. The women had now all nudged each other, and everybody had rotated their necks and stared long and hard at me. With open curiosity.
9. THEN, the first two ladies started smiling back. Then others. More ...and they'd uncovered their faces too!
10. By the time I turned left (and they turned right), they had waved back at me! and grinned :D
How cool is that! The day suddenly became a lot brighter :) -- Their kids looked like this one waisay...