Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday: And the duaa is accepted :D

Salaam to all.

Maybe Friday, being my off day, is also becoming my update-blog-like-crazy day :S. Anyway, there is stuff to write and keep it as a cool memory, otherwise the moment will be gone. So today, I had gotten out (after a loooong gap), this lil book called 'Manajaat-e-Maqbool' .. it has really nice duaás which you can do each day of the week. One of the duaás I read was "O Allah, please Hive me Ilm (Knowledge) that which is beneficial to me." And here, the beneficial means the knowledge which spreads good in this world, and that which earns one a certain Jannah (Paradise) in the Hereafter.

After Zuhr salah, as I got up from the prayer mat, Chotpo came in the room, waving a piece of paper she had found outside. It was an invitation to a 'Arabic Grammer and Conversation' class, timing of 4 to 6 pm, and when we checked the date, it said 26th March, 2010, Friday. That was today! When we checked the address, it was just down my street, a left turn, and a bit more! Coool! It was 3pm too, so I had time for lunch etc.

Khair, when I walked over to that place, I found this group of people, who had already joined a couple of months back. And I was a newcomer. :S:S. Always scary. Worst bit :P.. some of them knew my mum as they take her dars, and THUS... they expected me to be like ''equivalent'' to what my mum is.. :$ .. Double trouble. New + expectation level high. I explained as succintly as I could that I really didn't know any conversational Arabic and I am a complete newbie. Yeah, I have an intro to Arabic Grammar. Bus.

Man, could they converse in Arabic or what!!! The lady (instructor) is trained from Al-Huda and Masha Allah, was very knowledgable about the language. Sigh. I sooo wish I could be easily conversant in Arabic - the best result of that would be that I would understand the Holy Quran without any need for translation. The people there were pretty advanced, and my first day was spent looking at them and their antics :D with complete amusement. I could understand .. but of course, this needs practise. There were two other ladies in that circle, who were friends with the instructor, and had just come to observe the class. Masha Allah..! They were something like.. you say one Ayah out of the Quran to them.. they will be able to tell you exactly where it is from, what comes before it, what comes after it, what's the exact translation of it, the exact Grammar rules that are in that Ayah, and probably also the Tafseer and explanation of that particular Ayah :S:S... I am more impressed with such people than those who... uh, can code very well in Ada. This is the kind of knowledge that is surely going to reap great fruit both here and the Hereafter. Khair, I learned a lot .. even in the very first class. Plus, one nice thing. I knew the girdaan of zameer (pronouns) :D ... so was able to recite that along with them!

Who would have thought ''hadiqah'' means ''garden'' .. :) and Ahlan - wa - Sahlan means 'Welcome!' ... and .. umm
'Min Ayna Anti' means ''Where are you from?'' .. :P Aaj itna hee seekha.

So after a very nice 2-hours worth of lesson, I returned home to realise that the Ilm-an-Nafian (beneficial knowledge) dua'a has been Accepted by Allah, and now this is a chance for me to catch up with the others in this Arabic conversation/grammar class SO close to my home (and I didn't know it... man am I a hermit-ress or what!), and somehow ... juggle all of this in my platter.

Lesson for those who aren't that great in Arabic - like me:
You can learn! Insha Allah. Don't forget to pray, and don't forget to ... er,.. start learning!! 

16 comments:

Ummani said...

This is something really cool.. I have tried alot to learn Arabic , got some book as well ... but you know , being "me" I will never do it on my own .. Super lazy!!,,, Wish I get to know a Arabic learning place near my home soon just as you did :)

Uni said...

@Ummani
Behen !! You live in a place where there are LOADS of classes! Since it's an hour (and a half in bad traffic) away from my home, therefore I always envied ... ---ians!

I'll inform you of places, there are MANY believe me!

Thanks for dropping by!!

Ummani said...

Text me soon..!!

Ahmar said...

. Plus, one nice thing. I knew the girdaan of zameer (pronouns)
what are the gardan of pronouns?
you mean, like
my book, your book, their book, etc. etc.
THAT ?

The rest you mentioned, I knew..yayyyyy :D

Uni said...

@Ummani
I will Insha Allah

@Ahmar
Yes, that is one type of zameer (pronouns) : my book, your book = kitaabee, kitaabukaa etc..

Another type is : I, we (anaa, nahnu) -- this girdan

So yeah.. good for you :P

Ahmar said...

ahan...
I think the first few lectures of underquran's short course teach you that...so you learnt them way back I presume :P
Anyway, when you actually learn alot more arabic grammer, you can get this copy if you like...
http://www.ummahcentral.com/p930/A-Word-for-Word-Meaning-of-the-Quran-%283-Vol-JIMAS%29/product_info.html?osCsid=218599d051104edb6094ea1355def78c
Check the description....It gives alot more than word by word meaning...

Uni said...

Yes, that helped a lot :).. you are right.

And JazakAllah for the link. It looks very very useful. Now I wish I had a debit card :(

Ahmar said...

Oh well, I just meant to let you know that such copies exist too. It might not be the best deal..And this was from a UK shop...So you can search and find one in pakistan..I have a criticism about this particular copy though.Its not suitable for fluent recitation, the arabic text is too small and not always perfectly clear, so its a very good reference but if somebody wants to recite along with it, then I personally find Hafiz Nazar Ahmed's word by word translation much more suitable (that one is in urdu)...

Ahmar said...

oo by the way, "blog" uki jayyid... :P
(don't get impressed :P, two of the guys I live with speak arabic so I consult them alot)

Uni said...

My blog is new ???????????

(I must have misunderstood :P).. What did you mean? And lucky you!

Ahmar said...

Well they are friends but we never have any reading /learning circle so your case is much better perhaps...(although I am not looking for any such thing as such, I am content with the resources there already are, its just being able to devote time to it really which I have almost always failed to do :( )...
new would be jadeed...
jayyid means nice :)

Uni said...

Ohh. I should have known. We had learned the lugwi maanay (literal meaning) of the word 'tajwid' which was:

Al-ityaan-u-bi-l-jayyid :P
(To make words nice, umdaa, kharaa, etc) :D

So JazakAllah for that!

Ahmar said...

Wajazakum...
you know, my friend (who is from Oman), he says, people should say Jazaka'Allah khair and he thinks that Jazala'Allah is incomplete...(his mother tongue is arabic so he has very strong command waisay)

Uni said...

Alright. Opinion noted... But as far as I knew, JazakAllah means: May Allah Give you Jazaa (ajr) etc..

Ahmar said...

Yup, this is exactly what I argued too...he said, but Jazaa can be good or bad so its better to say it complete (that jazza is the khair jazza)...khair I think he was just annoyed that we (pakistan se) always do this short cuts...perhaps its because its kinda alien to them so they just take note of such words..
(although of course when u say to somebody after something nice, u mean jazza khair, not evil :P)

Uni said...

Exactly!