Thursday, March 25, 2010

Delayed trip and Dad's selflessness :D

Salam

So Sis the Priss and TB alongwith the baby are off for a 'delayed honemoon' :D.. aww, how cute. The trip was looong over due. They, because of masroofiaat after the wedding, weren't able to go anywhere, and I remember sis being a lil 'frowny' about it :P. The downside is: No sis and the lil dude for ten or so days.

:'(

Life will be prettttyy quiet. Their destinations are Multan/Isb/Murree etc. Hope they have fun!!

----------------------------------
Today, in the morning after Fajr, my Dad discovered a flat tyre in the car which I drive to Quran Class each day. I found him staring in perplexity at the spare tyre, which was snugly fitted beneath the CNG cylinder. There was no way the tyre could be taken out like that because the space between the cylinder and tyre was too small. I (the meano) thinking that I have to study Fiqh, hurriedly came inside, leaving him behind to try various methods to somehow get that tyre out. Opened my book, studied, drooped sleepily, and dropped off to sleep. What could I have done anyway :P. I had made a meagre attempt to hoist the tyre out, but realised that it was impossible.

I woke up an hour later, to find Dad still hard at work outside :S:S... he had called the driver, driver had gotten up hurriedly and walked over to our place (lives nearby). Then he had shown Dad the mechanism of moving the backseat forward, and thus creating space for the tyre to be taken out.

Alas, when the spare tyre was brought out after much hard work and sweat, it was discovered that it was punctured too! Poor Dad! He was soo dismayed. The good thing is that driver somehow took the car to a nearby tyre repair shop... and got the work done by nearly 9 am. THEN I got in it and drove away...

When I was about to leave, I heard Dad reciting Quran Majeed in his room... So even after doing such a lot of work etc, he hadn't dropped off to sleep, like lazy old me... and was doing his morning recitation... late.

Alhamdulillah :) The feeling is absolutely amazing to know that you have such a caring out of this world amazing Dad. May Allah Bless him for what he did today, and remembered to remember Allah as well :) :). It may be common to have amazing parents, but for each child, they hold a special place in their hearts, and each parent is unique in their own selves. I cannot thank Allah enough for having a Dad like that. And Insha Allah, my intention is to never ever ever... hurt him in any way.. ever. Insha Allah. *finally makes the resolve to be the most obedient daughter ever! (um, IA)*

So even though I ain't a ....


Still....

8 comments:

Ahmar said...

May Allah make it easy for you :) and for all of us never to hurt our parents in any way ever...

Uni said...

Ameeeeen :) and Insha Allah!

M. Shuaib Khan said...

No matter how hard you try, you do end up hurting your parents once in a while. This is specially true for the age we are in, early/late 20s, and our parents, no matter how badly we wish and tell them not to, are about to enter the world of "old age". :/

Good thing is, parents are always forgiving, and you can always try to make up for whatever your did that didn't make them feel good.

Uni said...

@M. Shuaib Khan
Very true. Even though I know it, I'm still in denial about this old age thing of parents. Because all the 'unreasonable' things they do are then blamed on the age.. :S And not us.

Nice comment, thanks very much :)

M. Shuaib Khan said...

Uni, the "Live traffic feed" thing on your blog is sooo annoying. :P Feels like you are telling us, "I see you came here, you stalker". :P Hahaha!

Uni said...

Hmm. Will it be of any comfort, if I reveal that I almost never glance at it .. :D

It's just there so I learn names of new locations :P.. like... *scrolls up*.. "Tbilisi, Georgia" ... :P

Btw, if you comment, then doesn't it become automatic proof of your dropping by this blog? *scratches head*

Adnan Siddiqi said...

Lots of my friends suggested me to go to visit later(aka HoneyMoon) "aram say". I was even convinced for that but some of my relatives advised me to go right after marriage as it's quite difficult to go later. Hence I left Karachi next day of my Valima and I really wished and prayed for those who gave me this advice. Now All those friends regret that they did not enjoy the "Right Time"

Uni said...

@Adnan Siddiqi
:). Well then that's great that you went at the 'right time'..and had a great time!... but you see, not everybody can have the 'right circumstances' to go at the 'right time' :P

Khair, they're enjoying anyway. The only difference is that in every FB status update of sis, the baby features somewhere :D:D:D

Thanks for dropping by!