Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The world... within

I try not to listen
Too carefully
Lest I penetrate the veneer
Of their voices
And hear the hope... within

I try not to look
Too hard
So as to skip the skepticism
Of their expressions
And see the disappointment... within

I try not to step in
Too deep
In the prickling discussions
To avoid the questions
And see the smugness... within

I try not to keep up
Too well
With the speed of time
To turn away and hide
And escape the fateful twists... within

I try not to feel sorry
Too much
Of myself, no one else
To look ahead, and see tomorrows
And feel some hope... within

Copyright Uni_Bleary_Eyedoony 2010

 

5 comments:

Ahmar said...

hmm...
the dense that I am when it comes to poetry, I will still dare to ask this..
I try not to listen
Too carefully
Lest I penetrate the veneer
Of their voices
And hear the hope... within

here does it kinda imply that you don't want to have hope..?
AND


I try not to feel sorry
Too much
Of myself, no one else
To look ahead, and see tomorrows
And feel some hope... within

here, you hope to have some hope....is that so?

Uni said...

Hey no sweat. Nobody is perfect in anything, really so (and hence, by the same logic, nobody is dense in anything)... The first verse umm.. no it doesn't imply that I don't want to have hope...

But that I don't want to face anybody's hope in me..

And the last one means that even though I wouldn't want to see anybody's hopes in me (cuz of fear of disappointment etc etc), I still have some hope within :P

(although, NOW reading the poem again, I feel that the meaning hasn't been conveyed properly).. I was dead at that time :D

Ahmar said...

hmm...

Uni said...

:D.. what a comment lol.

Ahmar said...

lol...