Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Senseless typing

Eyes half-closed, ears desperate
To shut out the noise
I sit, slumping without poise
And type, and type away

The distant blare of horns
The noisy fan of the PC
Extremely disturbing, you see
As I type my fingers away

The wrists aren't happy
The laptop heats up in anger
To drop down, I'm in accute danger
But still, I type away

Stupid, one would say
Idiotic, another might think
As I try not to blink
And pitter, patter away

The television hurts my head
My books beckon, with a smirk
A test tomorrow, loads of work
But still, my fingers dance away

Why in heavens am I doing this
Right now, nobody knows for sure
Composing a poem has its allure
And so I just type, type away

I don't want to stop, although I should
Where is my sanity, I wonder
Why do I make so many blunders
Why don't I stop typing away!!

The truth is, if you should know
There is a charm in this senseless action
Your brain relaxes, even if by a fraction
As you sit back, and type away

Copyright Uni_PoemComposoony_WhileSenselessoony 2010

 

6 comments:

Ahmar said...

The truth is, if you should know
There is a charm in this senseless action
Your brain relaxes, even if by a fraction
As you sit back, and type away


ahan, I need to try this too especially when preliminary results in research hint to a dead end and uncertainty looming in :(..although in my case, I can't write something to rhyme and put on a blog...

Uni said...

Its very relaxing ... totally. And why not.. ? Have you tried writing in rhyme? (it doesn't have to be perfect--can be silly like mine)..

Well, all I can say is best of luck :S..research, afterall, IS research --it wouldn't be research if it produced certain and successful results :)

Ahmar said...

Oh well, I am not sure about rhyming although I can write paragraphs that won't make much sense...
I don't find yours silly btw..

thanks , I agree but its desirable if they do plus you want to work towards getting something in a couple of years or so to write a thesis and getting nightmares of ending up doing nothing is soo not good...:)

Uni said...

Oh Insha Allah that's not going to happen.. (keep praying and working hard).

Well I never saw poems on ur blog - maybe you should try one (then we can decide whether you can write one or not :P)

Thanks for dropping by

Ahmar said...

I think I will stick to prose..I ain't doing something to make others laugh on me :P..

Uni said...

"Ahmar
That's what I thought when I never went on stage to speak (publically)... and in class 11th, the teacher pushed me into it (actually, she had made a mistake, and i had HAD to do it)... but the fact is, that when I actually did something i was 10503857% sure I'd be a laughingstock at, it turned out to be one of the most successfull experiences Id ever had.

And nobody was more surprised than that teacher :P

So you never know!