Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Times change .....
Yeah. Not only is it now 2 am, instead of good old 1 am..(which seems so nice -- the night stretches out in front of you, and you feel you can stay awake forever.. But not with TWO pm. It seems like okay, you have to turn in soon now!)...
But it's also a change in my resolves!
I know this isn't a new year, nor a birthday, nor anything else. BUT.. it's a 'time change' and warrants some fresh resolutions!
1. I will learn Surah Maryam Insha Allah..bus kisi bhe tarhan (SOMEhow)... it's too bad that I don't recite it often enough to get it installed in my brain so that whenever I press that memory button, the surah would begin playing automatically and fill my mind instead of the usual stupidities that do. So I have decided to recite it as MUCH as possible. For those of you who haven't recited this particular Surah. It's wonderful. It's amazing. And it makes one believe with a lot of surity that no miracle is beyond God's Power.. and it's only got to be His Will, and things CAN happen..
It's incredible. Do read it once...you'll see.
2. Every word spoken by me, very word written (or type written) by me, every thought ...thought by me... would be worthwhile. NOT fuzul (worthless). Not baymaiinay (meaningless). Not crap (idiotic). Er.. you get the picture. I'll only speak, when I have something good/meaningful to say. I'll only write when I have great worthy things to communicate. I know this is like aiming for the sky, but at least I'll get somewhere closer to the sky, as I start climbing this ladder ! I hate the thought of time ticking away.. and in that particular nanosecond, milisecond, ......okay minute...I've done nothing. Nil. If I'm accountable for each and every second of my life, there has to be some sort of regulation in my behaviour regarding time.
So from now on, no more wasting time. No more stupid blog entries either.
3. In my schedule change, I'll try sleeping early and getting up early. Now with the time change, this isn't possible TODAY, since my one precious night hour has been eaten up (sigh), but IA from tomorrow.. I will change this habit. Bohot hogya night-owl pan. Maybe this way the sleep would be easier on me, which reminds me, last night was nasty. So early to bed and early to rise.... from tomorrow :P
4. I will become a Plan Person IA. A plan person is the sort who keeps a plan for everything in life. I didn't really believe that it would actually change things, this planning business. But it does. Er, to a 45% extent, which is a start !.. So every minute of my life is on paper from now on. Uh. Okay every day of my life. Not minute..let's not be too harsh here.
5. I will somehow complete that Arabic course which I started a long time back and never got around to finishing it. ALL it asks for is 15 minutes everyday and it should be over in a month! But me!???!?!?! Ugh!
Anyhow..(no more negative thoughts either !), I will be doing this course. For those who are interested in learning Quranic Arabic .. here is the link:
It's an amazing thing for people who want to have khushu and khuzu in their prayers and want to feel even better about their prayers and recitation etc.
Can't think of any more resolutions. This is enough for now. Let's see how long I stick to it. IA I plan on sticking to it like a leech. Negative connotations :) yeah.. but best results :P
I'm about to step onto the first rung.. God Help me.